Off-road and navigation school with Renato Zocchi
The spirit of the event
Renato Zocchi offers interested parties his decades of experience as a pilot (see CV) to improve driving and orientation abilities.
Courses to improve off-road driving abilities and navigation techniques for orientation with the use of satellite navigator or specific programmes for mobile phones. Following marked routes by way of waypoints and/or GPX tracks.
Courses last one or more days.
In Sardinia along the routes of the Sardegna Gran Tour and the Swank Rally of Sardinia, with a base in the most renowned agritourisms on the island.
Courses usually last 3 days, excluding travel.
– 09.00 a.m. meeting and preparations
– 09.30 Beginning of the course: basic off-road driving theory, motorbike preparation, tyres and suspension, brakes, ABS, traction control. Hints of navigation and use of satellite navigator with GPX tracks and waypoints.
– Practice on a static motorbike: riding position and body movements
– 10.30 a.m. transfer to the upper part of the circuit for the practical course:
– slalom exercises, figure eights, weight shifting on jumps and bumps, uphill starts, overcoming obstacles
– exercises on the circuit course
– 12.15 pm End of the practical course
– 12.30 pm lunch
– 1.30 p.m. departure of the mixed road and easy off-road route (dirt roads) 100/160 Km according to students’ abilities, with orientation exercises.
– 5.30 p.m./6 p.m. return to the motocross course
– end of course.
Calendar of the first one-day courses
– Sunday 20
– Friday 25th
– Wednesday 13
– Sunday 1
– Monday 9 (Full)
October 13 – 16
On the tracks of Sardinia Big Tour
Dates after 9 May and programmes for the 2-day courses will be published shortly on the website in the near future. Other dates are available on request for groups of at least 4 people.